Mantou can be interesting. Especially if you are trying to coax your kids to eat it. Today recipe is really easy to master.
What do you need?
1) 285g of APF
2) 3g instant yeast
3) 150g water
4) 10g Oil – I use canola oil
5) 40g Sugar
6) a pinch of Salt
7) Pink Colouring
How do you make it?
1) Mix item #2 to 6 well.
2) Sift item #1 into the batter you have created in step 1.
3) Mix well
4) Turn it onto a clean table top and knead until smooth.
5) Return the kneaded dough into a deep bowl and cover with a damp cloth.
6) Let it rest for 30 mins.
7) This dough is enough for seven mantou of 60g each.
Mix and knead in a little pink colouring into the left over dough.
9) Now you have a pink dough which you can divide up.
– 14 small pieces of 2 g dough for the ears
– 7 small pieces of 6g dough for the nose
10) Assemble up the pieces and let it proof for another 30 mins.
11) Get ready your steamer and make sure its boiling hot before you put in your dough for steaming.
12) Steam it for 20 mins.